Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zucchini Bread

So, in true Jessie style, I kind of put this recipe together over the years and seem to have found a great bread....at least that's the feedback I always get.

I really hope people are honest when they say my recipes are good. Laughing. I guess I'll never know all truth in all comments.

So, here it is per several requests:

JESSIE'S ZUCCHINI BREAD

{cream together}
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 egg whites
3 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup apple sauce

{add in while still mixing}
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon

{slowly mix in until smooth}
1 cup white flour
2 cups wheat flour
3 cups grated zucchini
1 cup walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips (totally optional)

Pour into 2 loaf pans
Place into a preheated oven of 350 degrees
Bake for an hour

Spread a tiny layer of button on the top of loaf while its still hot
and eat hot, cold, or however you wish.
It's a great loaf to freeze, too...

ENJOY!

No comments: