Monday, March 7, 2011

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Oatmeal Cookies

 Found this recipe on a blog and it was a HUGE hit.  In fact, this blog is my new favorite for new recipes and ideas . . .http://www.browneyedbaker.com/.  Maybe the most successful I have ever been at cookie making - maybe because her instructions are so detailed.  I don't know that I have ever beat the eggs and sugar for 3 min - but I learned that they actually do turn a lighter color and fluffy when you do.  Sort of sad it took me so long to figure that out, but better late than never.  I changed the recipe just a smidge to fit what I had in my house . . .

Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 16 cookies

1 cup all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 white and 1/2 wheat)

1 teaspoon baking soda

¼ teaspoon salt

1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature

½ cup creamy peanut butter (only had 1/4 cup PB so I used it with 1/4 cup almond butter, you could not tell at all)
½ cup granulated sugar

1/3 cup light brown sugar

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

1 egg

½ cup rolled oats

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.

2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. On medium speed, cream together the butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and beat to combine. On low speed, gradually add the flour until just combined. Stir in the oats, and then the chocolate chips.
4. Use a large cookie scoop (3 tablespoons) and drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly golden. Cool completely on the baking sheet and then store in an airtight container at room temperature.

1 comment:

Jessie Eyre said...

These were so yummy! My hubby loved the dough so much that he came running in with a strawberry in one hand and a handful of dough in the other saying, "THIS IS THE BEST MIX OF FLAVORS EVER!" :)

Good work!